Friday, March 12, 2010

McCann Mornings










My favorite part of the day probably has to be the morning. 'Morning', defined between the hours of 7:45am and 10:30am. Not to early, but not too lazy and late. Every since my old firm illegally laid me off due to my pregnancy I have had the opportunity to enjoy the mornings at home with Tate and to myself. Tate and I enjoy yummy breakfasts, walks around Rice, Good Morning America and coffee runs to Diedrichs (aka: Dirks) coffee shop on Montrose.... That in itself is an adventure- I love that coffee shop. There are about 4 old men including Dan who sits outside with his 10 year old mixed lab every single morning with about 4 of his buddies and they drink coffee out front for a few hours each morning. All of them are retired and meet up at Diedrichs to start each and every day on the front porch. It never fails, they are always there. I always want to ask if I can pull up a chair and sit in on their conversations which consists of current national news or politics going on or local Houston issues when I have the chance to eavesdrop...
I love my mornings and I cherish each and every one more each and every day because I know that I only have a limited amount left...79 days to be exact. Then they are going to change just a little bit- haha, jokes on me.

While the morning is my favorite part of the day, breakfast is also my favorite meal of the day. I love to make large breakfasts with pancakes (banana pancakes with peanut butter- compliments of Boysh), scrambeled or poached eggs, bacon or sausage, hashbrowns and lots of fresh mixed fruit ( blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, oranges, bananas, mangos, grapes etc).
But, when I dont have an army to cook for.... one of my favorite breakfasts is oatmeal. However, not just any oatmeal does it for me- McCanns Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal is my favorite. Especially with a little bit of heavy whipping cream or buttermilk and some sliced strawberries. I have included some pictures from this mornings breakfast.

I am also in the middle of picking out colors for the baby room... which is INCREDIBLY hard for me to do. I am handicapped when it comes to interior design. I have to give a lot of credit to my husband who has picked out most of the furniture in our living room and home. However, I am taking over the baby room design. Right now we have a crib, linens and a diaper bag. I have ordered furniture and I am having the room painted Monday morning- so, I think I am leaning towards the far left color. I am trying to go for a blue grey color to compliment the neutral colors I have going on in the room. Here are the before pictures. And yes, there is a mirrored wall ( this room used to be our yoga/ work out room).

I also couldnt help but include a picture of my dog, Tate. He dominates my facebook page- I cant help but to take photos of him- he is just a precious dog and brings so much happiness to both me and my husband. He is going to be a great big brother ;-)...
I am taking Tate over to my friend Jessicas house today to play with her 2 cavalier king charles dogs- pictures to come. I love giving him the opportunity to play with other dogs- especially ones that are his size- he loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment