Sunday, March 21, 2010

Who dat Baby Radcliffe?










'Who Dat Baby Radcliffe'? - this was the theme of our baby shower last night... in lieu of this, Jeremy and I decided to go ahead and reveal our name to the grandparents and hosts last night before the shower.. and the name is...
OWEN SCOTT RADCLIFFE

Owen is of Scottish and Greek origin... meaning " born of youth." We chose Owen because we just liked the name and found it to be very original, neither of us know an Owen... and I disagree with the sites that state Owen is in the top 30 most popular names ... ha! We chose Scott because this is my fathers middle name (and name he goes by). Owen is going to be a little golfer and hunter soon enough!

Jeremy and I are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our lives- we had a wonderful shower and had so much fun! We had homemade tortilla soup which was perfect for the cold front that had the nerve to blow into Houston on the day of OUR baby shower! :) We had awesome tamales from Berryhill and the best queso from Molinas along with homemade pralines... mmm, I am getting hungry again writing this!

I had a ton of fun opening up all the gifts this morning next to the fire with mom, Nona, Molly, Boysh, Debbie and Jeremy... hard to believe that Owen is going to be wearing all of these precious clothes- they are so TINY! :) Thank you to all of my friends and family for your support and love!
When I came home to put everything up and start organizing things in the nursery, Tate just stared at me in a sad puppy face... he was definitely acting different.... he knows whats up and he isn't liking it one bit!

I have been feeling great over the last 30 weeks...and everything is going well (knock on wood)!! I am just now getting to the point where I am feeling uncomfortable... I am pretty much no longer able to wear many 'pre-baby' clothing items... I still refuse to buy maternity clothes- they are just so ugly and expensive... I tend to just buy regular clothes in larger sizes and its worked out so far. I toss and turn a lot at night and of course, get up frequently in the middle of the night. . . My belly is growing and so are the digits on the scale... 30 weeks in and I have put on 20 LBs so far... Owen is definitely riding higher than what I am told your typical 'baby boy' sits. His feet are up in my ribs and he is moving all the time- which is a great thing- but definitely makes falling asleep, going back to sleep and sitting in certain positions difficult- but then again, I guess this is truly 'breaking you in' for what is to come.... I am ready- bring it Owen! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment