Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


Owen and I have officially visited the zoo two times this week! We love the zoo, aka 'mom likes the zoo'... so when we walk through Hermann Park we usually swing through to do a quick stroll and see what the lions are up to- they are my favorite... actually, hippos are my favorite but we don't have any hippos in Houston... Jeremy and I are going to Nimibia for a safari next summer and I am going to finally get to see hippos in the wild- I can't wait! (we are leaving Owen at home, safe... he is too young for a safari).

Houston Zoo is opening their brand new safari exhibit for members on Dec 2, and Owen and I are definitely going to check out the giraffes(we love those too, as you can tell from Owen's room) and elephants and rhinos! Owen will get a safari experience in his BOB stroller :)
We are heading to Hermann Park today so we will go check on the lions and make sure everything is going okay at the zoo!
Its 75 and sunny- beautiful day. I am so thankful I get to enjoy it with Owen!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there -- It's so great that you love the Zoo. So do all of us who work here... but we put all we have into to inthe hops that guests like you would feel about the Zoo like you do! :-)

    We hope to have hippos return to the Zoo in one of the second or third phases of the African Forest. That is a while off though. We love them too!

    Hope to see you soon,
    Rochelle at the Houston Zoo

    ReplyDelete