Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Warp speed


It seems like it was only a few months ago that Jeremy and I were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Owen- hard to believe that was in fact, 6 months ago!

Jeremy and I are also creeping up on our one year anniversary. This time last year I was stalking www.weather.com to make sure it wasn't going to rain- because it had in fact, rained the last 6 Thanksgivings IN A ROW! Jeremy and I decided that it was not going to rain on our wedding day, because that is the way it is meant to be... and we got our way. It was 75 and sunny or overcast the entire weekend... that made me feel good. The feeling you get when things are working out..."all the stars align for you..." kind of feeling.

It SNOWED the very next weekend (we missed it, we were in Indonesia on our honeymoon)! Crazy weather. And it looks like it is going to rain this coming Thanksgiving. 2010 was a great year to get married outside on Thanksgiving weekend. The rain held off and the weather was perfect. We did have a little 2 minute sprinkle for good look (some say that is good luck for it to rain on your wedding day- I am not so sure about it- but I will take their word on that one since it happened on my wedding day).

My dad told me that once you have a baby its like riding in a car and as soon as the baby is born, its like the driver slammed the gas pedal down - the visual associated with this is the image of someones face when you are riding one of those roller coasters or anti-gravity rides where your cheeks push back into your face because you are going so fast... apparently that happens after you have a baby! This is actually a scary thought to me because time is in fact, flying by all too fast right now. But I am trying to enjoy each day. I have tried to make the most of each day with Owen and there are days that go by and I wonder, what on earth did I do that was the least bit productive today? But it was probably more productive than I imagined because I get "to be" with Owen- and this is the best 'job' I have ever had.

So, to all my pregnant friends.... and brand new mommy friends- try to enjoy each day you have either pregnant or with your new baby during those early morning/late nights- because in a short time your life will be completely different than it is today or tomorrow whether you will have a crawling toddler or a brand new baby- they are both amazing and wonderful experiences that we should take the time to enjoy...

Oh no, all this blogging is having me thinking about another baby... Talk about really losing track of time! :) Right now I am going to spend time with Owen and enjoy that- because indefinitely... he will have a brother or sister and this time, the time right now that he and I have alone, will change as well...

Photo of our hotel on our honeymoon, Central Java, Indonesia
Amanjiwo Hotel
Borobudur Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment