Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Aaagh- chew! Owen is 5 months!

Aaagh-chew is supposed to be the sound of a sneeze written in English.. if you didn't get that at first glance. That is all I have been doing the last 5 days. Sneezing, wiping and blowing my nose. Saturday morning I woke up at 6:30am a grumpy and sick mamma- thank goodness Kiss and Papi had plans to come scoop Owen up for Saturday afternoon and night. Jeremy and I weren't able to attend our Halloween party because I was sick... and Owen and I were supposed to fly to Richmond, VA to visit the Neffs, but we had to cancel that trip as well. We are going to fly up to VA when its snowing- sometime before Christmas! It was nice to lay in bed all day Saturday and Sunday- unfortunately, I was sick in bed.. but it was a bittersweet feeling, the ability to lay in bed with not a responsibility in the world except making sure I took my medicine every 4 hours :). I was so lucky to have my in-laws keep Owen so that I could rest up and get better! I am still not completely there... but almost!

Saturday, October 30th, Owen turned 5 months! I can not believe that its been 5 whole months since he was born. My dad was right, time does seem to pick up speed even more after having a baby!
Owen is about to start sitting up on his own and he now eats in his high chair, and rolls all around the living room floor! He is going to have a tooth come in pretty soon, I am sure of it.
He likes to spit and blow bubbles with his spit and he LOVES sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas and peaches. He is constantly laughing and smiling- there is rarely a time when this kid wont smile or laugh ( usually between the hours of 5:30 and 6:30 or if he wakes up from a nap too early)- other than that, he is a happy, energetic, and healthy little 5 month old!
I wish I could freeze him at this age... I think each month gets better and better but I do realize that once he goes mobile, my life will be a little bit more bonkers than it is! 5 months is a really great age because he sleeps 12 hours, eats great, takes solid naps, laughs, smiles, babbles and reaches his arms out for me... I am in no hurry to chase him around the house, just yet! :)

Below are some of my favorite pictures from the past couple of days:










No comments:

Post a Comment