Monday, April 12, 2010

Nap Time Again!

My energy level has been sliding the last few days. I am continuing to walk about 2-3 miles a day in the morning but once early afternoon hits I am starting to feel a little more sluggish each day and very sleepy. Yesterday I took a nap during the middle of the Masters for the first time in a very very long time. And today, again, I took another nap. I am truly thankful to be in the position to be able to just lay down and take a nap when I feel like it, however, I have to admit I am not very good at taking naps. That might be hard for some people to believe but naps have never really worked for me. Its hard enough for me to actually lay down and give myself permission to take a nap, but when I do actually close my eyes its never for your 15 or 20 minute "power nap"... I am more of an hour or two napper. And sometimes I never really wake up from the nap and I go right back to bed for the night.. or I wake up groggy, grouchy and yawning the remainder of the day. I hear that naps are very important very early on after a baby- the idea is that you can nap when they are sleeping... so I plan on improving my nap taking skills over the next 6 weeks!

Everything is going well so far as far as Owen goes... he continues to kick and move around A LOT. My stomach is growing bigger than I ever imagined was even possible. It is a very strange feeling to walk by a mirror these days... because I still look twice due to the fact I look like I swallowed a basketball.

6 weeks and 5 days to go... not like I am counting down or anything?!

No comments:

Post a Comment