Thursday, July 8, 2010

Pajama kind of day...




Its been raining since yesterday and it doesn't look like its going to lighten up today. So, Owen and I have decided to 'veg' around the house today... why get out of our PJs when we can make a big pallet in the middle of the living room and watch TV with Tate? I wont be able to just lay around all day with a beautiful sleeping baby for too long- he is growing before my eyes and is going to be crawling before I know it! Its amazing how much he has grown in the last few weeks. He has started 'swatting' at his toys when lying on his back and smiling much more- his eyes are so bright and alert.

Last night when I was feeding him he kept smiling at me and it was absolutely precious. I couldn't help but smile back- it took a little longer to get him down because I kept smiling back and then he would smile back- but it was worth it... what a precious moment! :)
Owen went down at 8pm and woke up at 4am- went back down at 530 and woke up at 6am... I sure hope Jeremy is right and Owen is starting to drop the 3am feeding that he normally has... I wish he would start sleeping through the night- however, I am very thankful and appreciative that Owen only wakes up once during the nigh(between 7pm and 7am).

Kiss is coming to hang out with Owen later today so I can get a massage (yes!) and run a couple errands... I am tryinging to get organized for our week long vacation coming up next weekend- we will be flying to Nantucket for 8 days (yes! again) and I am trying to be effective when it comes to packing for Owen... I need to figure out what exactly we NEED to bring so that we don't load dad down with tons of unnecessary bags :).




Yesterday I took Tate to the groomer and decided to get him a 'summer cut' which consists of shaving almost his entire body. I was VERY nervous about it- but it turned out very cute and I think Tate likes it too- he will be much cooler when this rain goes away and we start running!!
Here is a picture of him- its hard to see but his entire body is shaved... he looks like he weighs about 10 lbs less than he did before!

1 comment:

  1. What a precious moment. Treasure them all. Miss you. Let me know when you are back from Nantucket. We just returned from GA/NC and are headed away again on the 22nd. Hopefully we can touch base before I leave? xx

    ReplyDelete