Friday, July 2, 2010

ROADTRIP! I-10 to San Antonio

We packed the bottles, blankets, diaper bag, moses basket, Medela pump and equipment, Owens clothes and my small bag and jumped in the car. I turned on Spectrum and we cruised the entire way to San Antonio with nothing but a small little sound out of Owen. It was awesome!

Owen and I took our first 'real' car trip this week to San Antonio to meet his great grandmothers and to see Grandy, Uncle Chance and Lotte as well as Shanna and my Aunt Charlene.

I was a little nervous about the car trip since it was just the two of us- I was imagining sitting on the side of I-10 or at Buccee's nursing Owen because he woke up hungry half way through the trip. But, as I should have expected, he was awesome. He slept the entire way there and the entire way back ( except for the last 5 minutes of each trip- he started waking up and was hungry). I limited myself to one bottle of water so that I wouldn't have to stop in the middle of our trip- I was a little concerned what I would have to do if I had to pull over!
It was a great road trip- Owen loves listening to the Spectrum station on satellite radio... his favorites are Talking Heads, Ray LaMontagne, and Jack Johnson. I turned on the BBC News for a few minutes and he wasn't a fan, so I switched back on the music and he was silent for the rest of the trip. IT was great to get out of the house and to try something new with the little guy... he better get used to traveling around because his mom and dad like to get out a lot and we are going to strap him in and keep going :)

I am amazed at how much stuff a little baby requires- but this trip was a good test run for our big trip we have coming up in a couple weeks- we are flying to Nantucket, MA for an entire week. Now I have a pretty good idea of what we need to take.. and what we do not need to take.

Here are some pictures from our visit to Nana's house:
Exactly ONE MONTH old in this photo:




Nana and Owen:




My cousin, Jessi, with Owen:



Grandy, mom and Owen:



After we left Nana's house, we went over to Lotte's casa where Uncle Chance made us dinner- which was DELICIOUS! Uncle Chance, Lotte, Owen and I hung out and had a great evening together. I miss you guys- come to Houston soon!



I think Owen resembles his uncle. Actually, I thought Owen looked like Chance when he was a week old. (Yes ladies, my brother is single :) - sorry Chance, had to put that!)





Lotte gave Owen a bottle and he was out like a light:


The next morning I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed because Lotte took 3am night duty and fed Owen for me so that I could sleep! Looks like Lotte might have had a little trip down memory lane back when I was a baby- they are both asleep in bed:





Of course I wanted a picture with the little man- Good morning!:




Later that morning, Memaw, Aunt Charlene and my cousin, Shanna, came to visit Owen:
It was a total photo fest the entire time!













No comments:

Post a Comment