Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day Weekend!

Happy Father's Day, Jeremy!!!



(Owen is 3 weeks old today!)



This weekend was an eventful one for Owen- we got to see the grandfathers for Fathers Day {weekend}!!

Friday afternoon, my dad, Grandy, came to visit Owen from Uvalde. He stayed Friday night with us. Dad and I had a blast- Owen has him wrapped so tight around his finger- its precious!!

Grandy and I had so much fun with Owen. It is absolutely precious to watch your father hold your son and have conversations with him while they sit in the living room together and he has no idea that you are listening :)

Grandy helped me give Owen his first bath (non-sponge bath, since his cord fell off- I wanted to note that before you read 'first bath' and immediately labeled me as a bad mother thinking I waited 3 weeks to bathe my son! ha) By the time we bathed him and fed him, it was time for bed... There isn't much else you can do with a 3 week other than feed him, change his diaper, and bath him :) I can't wait until Owen is old enough to start walking and then we can take him to the ranch and he can ride around the ranch with Grandy and visit our swimming hole on the ranch (Frio River) and ride around with Grandy in his truck.

Saturday morning my dad had to head back to San Antonio and Owen and I drove to Lake Conroe to meet dad and the rest of the family for the afternoon... this was our first major outing and it went great, to no surprise;-). Owen slept the entire drive to Conroe and continued to sleep the entire time we were there... this boy can sleep!!

We met Jeremy's dads side of the family, most of whom were visiting Charleston, SC. Granny, Jeremy's grandmother, had a chance to meet her great grandson as well!

Today is Jeremy's first fathers day!! What a lucky boy Owen is to have such a loving and involved father (and what a lucky wife I am to have such a wonderful husband)! When Jeremy is at home you will find him either holding Owen, changing his diaper (he IS Diaper Dad!), feeding him or just hanging out watching him while he sits in his swing or in his moses basket. It is absolutely amazing to watch him with him... he is a great father!

Jeremy played golf with his dad and brothers this morning and then the three of us have been hanging out at home all afternoon lounging and watching the US Open and futbol matches! I love lounging at home with Jeremy and Owen... eating all day like we do on Thanksgiving day (ha!) - I love olives, cured meats, cheeses, hummus, pita chips etc...


Here are some pictures from the weekend!!

Grandy and his grandson:








The Radcliffe's:


Granny & Owen:








On the deck:





Owen is concentrating very hard on this bottle-


Tummy time! "Little Hercules" (as my mother likes to say) and his "superman" move (feet in the air):





I can't lift my feet this high in the air- how does he do that?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment