Sunday, June 27, 2010

"They say to..."

I haven't blogged since last Tuesday- things seem to stay very busy around the house. I feel like I feed Owen all day long and Im washing bottles and equipment after that.

I am starting to get into the swing of a routine and getting comfortable with everything and I am definitely noticing that I am getting a little more time here and there for things- so I hope to be posting many more pictures and blogs this week.

But I wanted to comment on something ...
I had a friend email me the other day who just found out that she was pregnant and she was asking me a lot of questions about my pregnancy and asked if I could give her any advice on some things... and I actually do have a bit of advice if you are an expecting mother and looking for some advice :)...
There is no ONE way to do something right when you have a baby- "they"(in reference to all the friends, books, family members and strangers that you know who will offer advice upon you.) often say that there is one way to do something or there is only one baby product that will work for whatever it is you are needing it for. In fact, there are many right ways to do one thing. Probably the only thing that I would say has only one solution would be REFLUX and that one solution might be Prevacid, according to all my friends who have used it :) But if we aren't talking about a medical issue here, just trust your instincts and you will know what is right... and don't get caught up when you have conflicting advice given to you... just do what feels right to you and what works for your baby... or your body, if you are pregnant.

The one thing that I believe helped me throughout my pregnancy, delivery and after my delivery was the fact that I walked almost 6 days a week for an average of 3 miles each walk. When I was tired, I walked and it gave me a burst of energy... Walking gave me the strength when I needed it most during my pregnancy and delivery- so, if you have the time, I would suggest walking. But of course, there are other methods of exercise- like I said, there is no one way to do something right :)

1 comment:

  1. Getting caught up on your bloggy blog - glad things are going so well! Baby Owen is adorable - and getting so big! Jack can't wait for some wrestling time when we get back in August!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete