Wednesday, June 16, 2010

World Cup and Week 3!

World Cup Time!

Our mornings have been starting around 6:30am with Dunkin' Donuts coffee(of course, my favorite), World Cup soccer matches, dad holding sleepy Owen on the couch... which has been a lot of fun!

Week 3 is going fantastic- Owen continues to sleep anywhere from 6-8 hours a night and is eating like a champ. He loves sitting in his swing and staring out the window at everything- I can see his brain just soaking up everything: the birds, rain on the window, blue sky, green trees, brown wood ceiling, the squirrels and the sunlight shining through the leaves in the trees... now whether he can actually see all that, I am not quite sure about that one, but I do know that he is sure trying to focus on it all- his eyes go cross-eyed from time to time and its precious!!!

I have no doubt that this little guy is going to continue to amaze us... I definitely see an "old soul" side to Owen. He is such a peaceful and self-soothing child and seems so much more alert than I had ever imagined.

I wonder what he is going to be, what sports he will play, or what clubs he will join or start.... where will he want to travel and what books will he love to read?

I started reading to him this week and he loves Goodnight Moon- I think its the bright red pages and black and white pages that get his attention. "They" say that babies at Owen's age are intrigued by red and black colors. He just sits there and stares at the book as I read it. He is going to be an avid reader just like his father!!!

Owens umbilical cord fell of a couple days ago, so we are starting 'tummy time'. He has been able to hold his head since he was a couple days old with it bobbing but he can now hold it for 4-5 seconds without bobbing- he is a strong little one. I definitely must keep a hand on the little guy at all times or he is going to roll!

Aunt Molly and cousin Henry are in town for about a month visiting. They flew in this morning. I have attached a few pictures of them with Papi.


Here are a few close-ups of Owen... I am obsessed with his little cheeks and nose. . . not to mention his light blue eyes:




Dad and Owen watching the World Cup Monday morning:


Nona and Owen:


On our way to our 2 week appointment with Dr. Finnila:


Papi, Owen and cousin Henry this morning:



So sweet, Papi and Owen:


The Radcliffe Boys: Papi, Jeremy, Uncle Jake, cousin Henry and Owen:


After Owen ate lunch, they both fell asleep together:


Sleepy Owen before he is swaddled into a burrito:


Assuming his burrito position- this boy is getting it down!:

No comments:

Post a Comment