Wednesday, June 2, 2010

He's Here!!!

Owen Scott Radcliffe arrived Sunday evening at 7:05 pm. He weighed in at 8lbs, 11oz and 21 inches long!!!

Ill give a brief summary of the details surrounding Owen's very punctual arrival... I woke up Sunday morning around 8am (Owen's due date) and my water broke. I immediately called Dr. Ivey to confirm my situation and he called the hospital to tell them I was on my way... By 9am Jeremy and I were checked into St. Luke's and our out of town friends and family were on call to head to Houston! My mom was driving in from San Antonio, my dad from Uvalde, Ann and Boysh from Roundtop(the farm), Debbie from Baton Rouge and my brother from San Marcos. By noon there definitely was a party going on in the St. Luke's Labor and Delivery Waiting Room. At 3pm I was given my epidural to make things a bit more comfortable for me- I was in pain but was not close to delivering anytime soon... so they thought. It was expected that Owen would come closer to midnight, possibly early Monday morning based on the speed of my progress and with this being my first delivery...

After my epidural I fell asleep and took a nap (not kidding- it was a 2 hour nap)... Jeremy laid down int he chair next to me and took a nap too. We were just resting up for our 100m dash we had ahead of us. The resident on call woke me up to see how far along I was...apparently Owen had been working overtime in there and he was ready to come out. I went from the delivery team expecting me to deliver closer to midnight or early Monday morning (which was about 7-10 hours away from where we were) to "you are going to deliver your baby in a few minutes, Mrs. Radcliffe."

Dr. Ivey was called and in about 25 minutes after the Dr.'s arrival the man of the hour came. Before the delivery I asked Dr. Ivey how big he thought Owen might be- he put his money on no bigger than 7.5lbs just based off of my belly and feeling it. .. Jeremy guessed around the same- I figured he was around 7lbs only because I never felt like my stomach could hold anything bigger than that...it really didnt feel THAT heavy afterall.

After an extremely quick delivery (20-25 minutes), they placed 8lb 11oz Owen on my chest and both Jeremy and I stared in amazement at the big man! Jeremy was there with me the entire way- it was an incredible experience and we fell in love with our beautiful son at first sight!


Here we are about 1pm on Owen's birthday- getting ready for the big event!


The VERY Proud Lotte waiting for Owen:


May 30, 2010 - 7:05Pm, 8lbs 11oz - 21 inches long
Owen Scott Radcliffe





Owen with his very proud mommy, daddy and best friends and family:
The PROUD PAPA:



PROUD MOMMY:



LOVE HIM!:


Beautiful Aunt Cortney:










Dr. Ivey- the most amazing doctor in the world for the most amazing baby in the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment