Tuesday, May 4, 2010

26 days to go....

{36.5 weeks pregnant... 3.5 to go! Owen is much lower than he was 2 weeks ago.. not sure if you can tell}

Remember when you were really young and someone would ask you how old you were and you would reply " I am 4 and A HALF" and that last half was very important... you were not only 4... but you were 4 years and a half year... that is how I feel now. I am 36 weeks pregnant ... and a half week. That half week is a pretty big deal :)



(Tate by our pool in the backyard... he loves to lay in the sun}

Dr. update: I went today and they said that Owen is head down and very low- exactly where he should be at this time. He is measuring perfectly and is the right size- his heart beat was around 140 because he was moving around the entire time... This little guy is going to come out walking (and hiccuping- he has the hiccups everyday), I know it. He has been so active- he is constantly moving!

I have to admit that I have had a really good pregnancy (knock on wood now for saying that)... My fingers are just now starting to get a little puffy in the mornings- and I still have plenty of energy in the day to go on walks and get around easily. However, I am feeling the strain of a 6-7lb or heavier baby floating inside another 6 or 7 lbs of water inside of me (crazy to think of all that inside of me!)- I think our stairs are getting steeper...that and my feet are definitely getting heavier! But I am able to sleep well and I only get up once during the night- but I can go right back to sleep- which I feel blessed to be able to do! Only 26 more days to go... hopefully.

Its getting hot in Houston! This past weekend we had 2 days of humidity- ugh. I always forget how humid it gets in Houston.... FORTUNATELY, for me, Owen will be here before that gets real bad- I can't imagine being pregnant in Houston through the summer- my heart goes out to all of you who have! I was a July baby, so I know what my mom went through, or I guess, really, I don't.. but I can imagine how hot and bad it was.
Since there have been so many pictures about Owen I decided to post one of Tate. The little guy has been so good lately. He is constantly attached to my side and is very attentive to everything I do- he is very aware and its definitely going to be a change when Owen gets here... but I think its going to be fine and great. Tate is going to love that baby once he starts eating out of his highchair and he starts spewing all that yummy food Tate isn't supposed to eat but loves all over the floor for Tate to clean up and eat!

I am going to get in our pool tomorrow- I have to be silly if I dont.... pretty soon, Im not going to have enough time for pool time and the summer is going to have flown by! I cant wait to get Owen in the pool- he is going to be a fish!

Now off to walk the Tate around Rice University- I hope this helps Owen move down farther and quicker :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun seeing you this morning. Looking so good, lady! Call me if you're around the pool on Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete