Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! xoxo



I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive mother. I was a very lucky child to be given one of the best gifts in life- my mother. She is the mother I hope I can be to my son. She taught me responsibility, discipline, and respect through her love... and to always sit up straight and keep my elbows off the table through her nagging ways .... :)

She set a great example through her own fashion sense and taught me how to keep it classy, elegant and simple (disclaimer: I guess I always had a thing for short shorts- :)).

She taught me about great shoes (love those Louboutins, sorry Jeremy), "natural" make up application and good wine ( my first glass was in London with her- I thought it tasted terrible- never knew I would love it so much!)

She taught me how to take care of my skin and the importance of staying out of the sun... which took me a little while to get, I was more interested in tan legs at the age of 16 than 'wrinkles' - I never imagined I would get those! :)
When I think about the drama queen that I was at the age of 13 and the trouble maker I was during my teen years (yup, I think it is fair to say that I definitely tested my boundaries in Uvalde) I often don't know how she put up with me!! :)

Thanks mom for your unconditional love! :)
I love you so much!


PS- I never appreciated or thanked you for the comfortable, dark, warm 9 months you provided for me before July 14, 1984- I never appreciated that until now :) xoxo

Me and mom at my baby shower:



In Denver:



My wedding:




Christmas 2009:



Chicago:



Christmas 2008:



2008 Thanksgiving:






MS Benefit/Casablanca Party, 2007:

No comments:

Post a Comment