Monday, May 3, 2010

{Grandparent Love}


So I have been trying to tie up loose ends around the house in preparation for Owen. Its wishful thinking on my behalf, but I keep telling myself that Owen could come 'anytime'... when in fact, he isnt due for basically 4 weeks- but you never know!! :) So, I have been running errands- diapers, milicon and vaseline bought, check, check, check. Newborn clothes washed, check. Hospital bag packed, check... and now, paintings hung, check. Nursery is almost ready!

As I said in my post earlier today, I asked each of the grandparents to paint a canvas for Owen that I wanted to hang in his room. Now, when this started I had no expectations- I wanted them to paint whatever they wanted... and I have to say that each and every one of them surprised me- we have an artistic family!! I hung them above the dresser and changing table below:



'Owen Walks On Water' - acrylic painting by Lotte (pronounced Lottee), my mom:
{Mom said that she wanted this painting to represent the meaning that Owen can walk on water}



"Moo" - acrylic painting by Nona, my mother-in-law:
{Nona is not finished with hers yet, she is still going to color the background}



"Hugs & Kiss" - acrylic painting by Kiss, my mother-in-law:
{Kris' nieces always called her 'Kiss' because they could not say 'Kris,' and this is how she got her name :) }



"Grandy" - acrylic painting by Grandy, my father:



"Sports" - acrylic painting by Papi, my father-in-law:




"Boysh, a Self Portrait" - acrylic painting by Boysh, my father-in-law:



An updated pic of the room... now, next: linen curtains need to be hung. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment