Thursday, May 13, 2010

"You're doing it wrong!"

This week I went to Texas Children's Hospital to have my car seat installation inspected. I figured this would take about 10 minutes- they would make sure the seat was on properly, sign-off on it and say " Good luck and congratulations!". Uh... nope. Did not go like that at all.

I have to say though, that we are lucky to have people who take their jobs as serious as these women and men do because they taught me a thing or two about my car seat and how I was basically doing everything wrong. Everything. But about 45 minutes later they had showed me how everything works and how the angle of the seat is very important etc.

First of all- see this little guy below? Well, he is not allowed to be hanging on the car seat- and none of his friends are allowed either.... nothing is to be hanging/dangling from the car seat- ever. "Yes, mam"



Also, you are never to have any sort of car seat cushion or pads in the seat that did not come with the car seat. None of those have been crash tested with the car seat. Check.

And your car seat should go in the middle of your back seat if possible- that is the best place for it. Not behind the passenger seat like I had it orginally placed... I figured it would give Tate a little more room back there with it behind the passenger seat. Sorry Tate, your space is already getting cramped!

They took my seat out of the car and showed me how to properly install it. I will save you all the details, but in short, lets just say that I am so glad I took my car seat over there. They also showed me how to properly place and strap a baby in- I think I almost broke the baby dolls arms getting it under the straps because they were so tight! But, I guess that is how tight those little angels are supposed to be strapped in there!

Below is the finished product- we are ready to go to the hospital... now we just need a baby in that car seat!





Nesting is almost complete... 17 days to go!

I guess from this point forward I will always have a car seat in my car... kind of funny to think about!

1 comment:

  1. LOL...well only if you keep having babies for the rest of your life woman!

    ReplyDelete