Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Season Finales of LOST and pedicures....



We are exactly one week away from Owen's due date- "yes!" (insert a fist pump)!! I am so ready to meet the little guy! However I do realize that my days will be changing drastically! So I got a pedicure and manicure this weekend in preparation for the temporary personal pampering drought that will accompany Owen's arrival.

As much as I am anticipating the season finale of LOST tonight, I also realize that this is the final episode- no more Tuesday nights with the black smoke(aka Lock), creepy psycho Claire, Jack and his god-complex or Kate and Sawyers island adventures! We will miss them but I think Owen will do a good job taking over Tuesday nights... and Monday nights and Wednesday nights and every other night of the week for a while :) So perfect timing, ABC.

And just as much as I am anticipating Owen's arrival, I do realize that this is the "season finale" of my 'free personal pampering time' to get manicures, pedicures and such... but I am okay with that:)! This last week I got a facial, manicure and pedicure- so I am ready to go.

My feet, as of a couple days ago, have started swelling and I have definitely taken on some rather unattractive ankles and toes...Jeremy likes to call me "cankles" because he knows how much I hate it- haha!('cankle'- where there is no distinct ankle bone visible, merely a blend of calf and ankle- yuck). I suppose I am pretty lucky its waited until the the very end to swell up because swollen feet and ankles are not only unattractive but painful.

Here is a picture of my piglet toes- well, pretty & painted piglet toes but not cankles. While I admit that I do in fact have them, I don't want any documented evidence floating around out there. And yes, I have the tiniest toe nails ever along with the tiniest ears (pictures not included of ears). So since this has been a blog mainly about the preparation of Owen's arrival its only fair to include the entire experience- head to "toes"! (Ha!)



We will keep you posted on Owen's arrival... Until then, I will just sit uncomfortably on my left side with my fat feet propped up, whimpering silently but patiently until he decides its his day....

No comments:

Post a Comment